Friday, March 14, 2008

I love the spring and getting ready for gardening. Fresh Food!! The winter has been long this year and everyone is ready for some warm weather and sunshine. I miss the little diggers helping me get ready. Derek will miss the rototilling this year. He loves to run behind the tiller and is getting big enough to do it himself.

Syd is the greatest pea picker/sheller and corn shucker in the whole world. Kaiya and Megan are in training and are wonderful at transplanting things (things like sand, and rocks, and old pumpkins). Amaya is the berry picker. She learned at a very early age where the red things are and that you eat them...yum. Between her and Megan and Lilly, I rarely get enough strawberries to freeze. Gwennie will have to come back to Colorado to enjoy the produce and fruit from the yard...the Colorado Steele's urban farm. Hurray for spring!!

I miss my little diggers and helpers. I will keep the garden and yard well stocked so you can come and visit...or live any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment