This morning when I went out to feed and water the chickens, this mom bird had somehow gotten into the garden but the baby was left behind still in it's enclosure. So I opened the door so baby bird could be with mom in the garden. And there they stayed, all day. And Lucy said she would like some of those delicious bugs too, so she got to be in the garden with the mom and baby birds. I went to church and while I was there, a huge rain storm came. I was SOOO worried about the baby. When I got home, they were just fine and ready to go back to the safety of their crate in the nursery corner behind the honeysuckle bush. What an exciting day for this baby bird!!
Welcome to My Site
Since our family is far apart now, we have all developed blog pages...and as you see mine is in the beginning stages. I love sharing what's happening in the places I visit just as my children share their family events with me through the blogs. What a great time to be alive!! Please leave a comment and let me know how you're doing.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
An Outing With Mom
This morning when I went out to feed and water the chickens, this mom bird had somehow gotten into the garden but the baby was left behind still in it's enclosure. So I opened the door so baby bird could be with mom in the garden. And there they stayed, all day. And Lucy said she would like some of those delicious bugs too, so she got to be in the garden with the mom and baby birds. I went to church and while I was there, a huge rain storm came. I was SOOO worried about the baby. When I got home, they were just fine and ready to go back to the safety of their crate in the nursery corner behind the honeysuckle bush. What an exciting day for this baby bird!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH! This baby looks so much like his mom! Great picture - wish we could be there to see it in person...or in chicken - - person to chicken - hmmm...
ReplyDelete