Since I have been involved with making soap, my family has always liked going to the Wesleyan Church Show. The Wesleyan Church here in Greeley opens the entire building to artisans and craftpeople once a year for this great 'Juried' show. That's right...unless you make the cut, you will not be at this show. But I have been here for several years and have formed some warm friendships with other returners...the bean lady, who packages wonderful formulas for making things to eat out of beans, etc....several jewelry people (this year I got a beautiful pink Rodochrosite - the Colorado State Stone - and sterling silver necklace, bracelet, and earrings)...of course our friend Wendy who does vinyl lettering on lots of wonderful wood pieces, and various food vendors. There were record numbers of artisans this year, 65-70, more than ever before. The people who attend this Church volunteer to make wonderful homemade foods that everyone enjoys. This year they had extra soup so they brought around steaming containers of soup for us all to eat - yummmy. And especially great because I had forgotten to make my sandwich beforehand. It was an exciting show, busier on Saturday. I was pooped by the time I got home.
I have two of these shelves that I already have had a dream about how to make them hold more merchandise...but you really didn't just read that I dream of making shelving...really!!
These two store fixtures are new this year. Note that there are 32 baskets all with different kinds of soap...so, ok. When I'm not dreaming of making shelves, I make soap!! My family has been the beneficiary of my soap making to which they have been happy recipients!!
And lots of gifty things for Christmas and other presents. While in October when the weather is still 75 degrees, not many people were thinking of Christmas, they did buy lots of soap and lotions.
I was fortunate to have the entire corner of this room to myself so I set up my cash stand in the corner of the room to give myself some space to work. I was thankful for the return people who looked for my soap and products. Repeaters are always welcome.I must admit, I really missed my family since they live too far away now to just run over to the show or help me pack and move boxes back to the car at the conclusion of the show. But I know they think about the wonderful times we've had doing things together just like this. And, they will move again...I hope closer to Colorado...so we can include the GChildren in the great free (ha) enterprise system we enjoy in the US.
No comments:
Post a Comment